Since I am constantly on the go, all day everyday, I rely heavily on my meal prepping routine. Meal prepping not only keeps me on track with my fitness goals, but is extremely convenient and saves so much time during the day. Follow Sarah on Instagram
The Shopping List
Most of my meal prep is done on Sunday night or split between Sunday and Wednesday evenings, depending on my schedule. My meal prep always consists of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, green veggies and healthy fats. My go to shopping list consists of:
- Lean Proteins: chicken breast, lean ground turkey, salmon, white fish, egg whites, Greek yogurt, protein powder
- Complex Carbohydrates: brown rice, yams, potatoes, oats, rice cakes
- Veggies: broccoli, green beans, spinach, romaine lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers
- Fruit: bananas, apples, berries, grapes, pears
- Healthy Fats: almonds, cashews, avocados, chia and flax seeds, nut butter, cashew milk
I like to start my day with a healthy, balanced breakfast. I always make sure to include a lean protein and healthy carb. This not only fuels your body for the day, it kick starts your metabolism and keeps you full for longer, thus eliminating the need/want to snack in-between meals.
My go-to breakfast includes:
- Egg whites and oat meal
- Smoothie: cashew milk, protein powder, spinach, berries, banana
I like to eat smaller meals every 3 hours or so. This allows me to keep my metabolism sped up and will keep me full throughout my busy day. Each of these mini-meals consists of:
- Meal protein
- Complex carbs
All of which I meal prep ahead of time so there is no accidental slip ups. It does take discipline, however, 21 days forms a habit... and if you haven't started challenging yourself yet, I dare you to try!