New shoes can be pain free. You just need to show them a bit of tough love. Here are 5 easy ways to break in your new shoes:
- Slow and steady: Start off slow. Don't wear them for an entire day, but rather in short spurts. This will help you break them in without breaking your feet and causing yourself unnecessary amounts of pain. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!
- Take a soak: Get yourself a bottle of rubbing alcohol and water, and spritz the inside of your new leather shoes. Immediately after spritzing, wear them around the house for a good 20 minutes to half an hour. Repeat the process 3-4 times, and you should have perfectly molded leather shoes.
- Ice ice baby: Want to stretch out your shoes while you're sleeping? Fill a bag with water, and place them in your shoes. Place into the freezer and leave overnight. The water will expand as it freezes, and thus expand your shoes.
- Thick skin: This is an old tried and true technique used for hikers. Get a couple pairs of your thickest socks, and layer up. Wear your new shoes around the house while doing chores – the perfect excuse to clean!
- Turn up the heat: If you're looking to get your runners to loosen up, wear them as tightly as you normally would, and blast them with the hairdryer on low heat. The heat will help expand your shoes to your foot.
Want more? Sign up for our blog below.